Pages

Friday 13 April 2012

Garden: clearing part 1

We have a front and back garden, for this year I'm going to concentrate on the front garden as it's got less to do to it and is easier done. Firstly it need some severe pruning to get things under control, and we're taking a few of the trees down to let more light in.
In all that lovely weather we had I went out with loppers and started taking things down/out in one corner, there were a couple of shrubs in one corner growing through an orange blossom tree, and strangling it, not to mention cutting out the light to the garden.

Before:

(see? There's a tree and 2 shrubs there!)

After:


Excuse the big pile of crap on the ground, that be the shrubs! Why is it when you garden the amount of rubbish looks 4 times bigger than it did as a plant?! I know it doesnt look much different, but I'm rubbish at taking photos.

As always happens when I start something like thise, the same evening I got out all my gardening books and started planning. Lists have been written, and a VERY rudimentary plan made. We have a pond in the middle of the garden which cant really move so I'm working around that mainly, and the idea of trying to get plants into the garden that really wont work up here in the wet. Oh well, a girl can dream...of plants...

It's only a small area of the garden done but it feels really good to have done something positive, at the moment on the house it's pretty much all up to James, as it's plumbing and heating before anything else, so I'm feeling a bit useless.

3 comments:

  1. It does look different, that's an enormous amount more light and much more room for your wee plants to breathe! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very different. And yes I know that what you cur off takes up loads more space than it did on the plant. It is very annoying! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a man (ha boy) who would do all that cutting and ripping out for you. If only we lived a bit closer. It is quite therapeutic I find just going at it with the loppers.

    ReplyDelete